Friday 29 October 2021

Book Quotes of the Week

      
Word cloud made with WordItOut

"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, or who had ever been alive." James Baldwin

I think that's what makes us readers more emphatic.

"In each hard copy I have between three and five revisions. So that's seven or eight hard copies. It's crazy, I know. Writing is stupid. Writing should make you money, with the labor you have to put in." Ha Jin

Some jobs are not paid as well as they should be but if a job makes us happy, that's something that can't be paid.

"Happiness is reading a quotation and thinking: Yes! Exactly!" Happiness No. 4521 N.N. *

I hope many of my readers think that when reading the quotations I find.

Find more book quotes here

* [If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful quotes! I especially like James Baldwin's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely my favourite quote this week, Jen.

      Delete
  2. I love that James Baldwin quote! It's so true. Books show us how we connect with other people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly teach us more than we ever think would be possible, Lark. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the Baldwin quote. So, so true. That connectedness we feel is just one of the MANY reasons I love to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's so fantastic, Susan. It seems like we connect to so many people when reading.

      Delete
  4. The James Baldwin quite is perfect. Books teach us how to connect in better ways to the world around us.

    I also love the last one - these posts are among my favorites that you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect is the right description, Susan.

      And thanks for that, we all love quotes about reading and other readers. Glad you like them.

      Delete