Friday 7 August 2020

Book Quotes of the Week



"If my books had been any worse, I should not have been invited to Hollywood … … and if they had been any better, I should not have come." Raymond Chandler
And nobody would have ever even got to know Philip Marlow, well, except for the readers, of course.

"A library is thought in cold storage." Herbert Samuel
Definitely an interesting way of looking at it.

"What I like best is a book that's at least funny once in a while..." Jonathan Swift
It helps with some but I don't have to have humour in a book.

Find more book quotes here.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Gives you a lot of food for thought, right.

      Delete
  2. Struck by the Raymond Chandler quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and you keep wondering how many other authors do the same.

      Delete