Friday 21 August 2020

Book Quotes of the Week


"People can lose their lives in libraries. They ought to be warned." Saul Bellow
Too late for me.

"Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." Orhan Pamuk, "My Name Is Red"
The same goes for books.

"All morning I struggled with the sensation of stray wisps of one world seeping through the cracks of another. Do you know the feeling when you start reading a new book before the membrane of the last one has had time to close behind you? You leave the previous book with ideas and themes - characters even - caught in the fibers of your clothes, and when you open the new book, they are still with you." Diane Setterfield, "The Thirteenth Tale"
Happens to me all the time.

"A library is a hospital for the mind." N.N.
So true, it can cure you from so many ailments.
[If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]
 
Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Diane Setterfield speaks truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like she's been reading a few books in her lifetime. ;)

      Delete