Friday 4 June 2021

Book Quotes of the Week

"Nothing can do what a book can do. Lifts you out of your life… to a whole new world, whole new perspective. A book is like a dream you are borrowing from a friend." Dave Kellet

Where would we be without books? They have given me everything, an education, a life. 

"There's a web of people who've put reading at the center of their lives because they know from experience that reading makes them more expansive, generous people." George Saunders

Even if that's not the reason we start reason, it often is the result.


"Reading is a way for me to expand my mind, open my eyes, and fill up my heart." Oprah Winfrey

Books are an overall healer.

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely they heal, whether it is the content of the book, or the act of reading, itself. Books heal my soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I don't know whether I'd even be here if I hadn't had books. Oprah speaks from my heart there.

      Delete