Friday 18 June 2021

Book Quotes of the Week

"All the apartments I buy or rent are for my books, not for myself." Fran Lebowitz

I would love to buy a place just for my books. However, I always made sure there was enough space for my books in the houses we lived in. 

"Each book is a world entire. You're going to have to take more than one pass at it." Lucy Mangan, Bookworm: A Memoir of Childhood Reading

I look at books as places where I travel and I could travel to several places more than once.


"One of my strongest held beliefs is that no one should ever finish a book that they're not enjoying, no matter how popular or well-reviewed the book is. Believe me, nobody is going to get any points in heaven by slogging their way through a book they aren't enjoying but think they ought to read." Nancy Pearl, Book Lust

The only exception, if you need it for an exam, otherwise, no, we shouldn't read books we don't enjoy.

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. It took me many years to get to the point that I was okay with DNF-ing a book. The very thought of doing so used to make me so uncomfortable but now I have no problem with it, especially as my TBR swells. Plus I keep those books on my 'I Quit' bookshelf on Goodreads, and on occasion I go back and end up finishing a book that I was not previously in the right frame of mine for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tbh, I still have a problem with it and will only put a book aside if I really, really, really hate it. But I try.

      Delete