Friday 11 November 2022

Book Quotes of the Week

 

"As soon as I saw bookshelves through the store windows, I felt lighter. Just thinking about the smell inside. Paper, compressed nature, and hands making words, a must of knowing and magic. Periods. Commas. Digressions. Analogies. The beauty of everyday thought turned poetry. It was all there, and I was hit with a sliver of peace in the chaos of my brain." Dave Connis, Suggested Reading

Doesn't that sound like paradise?


"There is no habit more valuable than that of dropping into a bookstore occasionally to look round - to look both inward and outward." Christopher Morley,
The Haunted Bookshop

A great analogy. Every book lets us look inward and outward
.

"To read is to dream, guided by someone else's hand." Fernando Pessoa

It couldn't be said any better.

Find more book quotes here.

4 comments:

  1. That top quote is so great. I relate to that 'sliver of peace' that books can bring. And I love the Morley quote, too. The Haunted Bookshop was a fun book to read. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Lark. I find fewer and fewer good quotes but when I do, they just seem to speak form my heart.
      I didn't read The Haunted Bookshop, maybe I need to explore.

      Delete
  2. I like all these, but the Pessoa quote is especially beautiful to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Susan. To read is to dream sounds great.

      Delete