Tuesday 1 November 2022

Spell the Month in Books ~ November 2022

 
Reviews from the Stacks

I found this on one of the blogs I follow, Books are the New Black who found it at One Book More. It was originally created by Reviews from the Stacks, and the idea is to spell the month using the first letter of book titles.

It's non-fiction November, so it's no wonder that Spell the Month in Books is supposed to be with non-fiction books only.

NOVEMBER

N
Milton, Giles "Nathaniel's Nutmeg" - 1999
O
Bonnett, Alastair "Off the Map" - 2014
V
Nicoletti, Cara "Voracious: A Hungry Reader Cooks Her Way through Great Books" - 2015
E
Landers, Brian "Empires Apart. A History of American and Russian Imperialism" - 2010
M
Bryson, Bill  "Mother Tongue" - 1990
B
Sapolsky, Robert M. "Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst" - 2017
E
Truss, Lynne "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" - 2005
R
Stewart, Sheila "Ramlin Rose" - 1993

Most of them are really interesting. I hope there is something there for everyone.

Happy Reading!
📚 📚 📚

14 comments:

  1. Eats, Shoots, and Leaves was such a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed. I had a good laugh but I also sometimes get angry when I see how sloppy some people treat language. Any language, we all have people who don't care. And I'm not talking about people with dyslexia or something like that, ordinary people who went to school and should know better.

      Delete
  2. Oh I still want to do this one month! I'm going to make a note to try to remember it for December.

    Last year, I said I will do Non Fiction November, but alas.... I have too many other books planned already and completely forgot about this... But I will keep an eye out for all your posts.

    Have fun Marianne!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how it is, Mareli. There are so many interesting challenges, we can't do them all. I didn't start any new ones this year, I didn't do any where you have to read one book about this and one book about that and then come up with a list at the end of the year but I carried on some of those that I've been doing in the past years and that I like. Like this one, it's always fun. But it shouldn't be chore and it shouldn't distract us from our main hobby: Reading!

      Delete
  3. I love that you went with all nonfiction books to spell out November! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. I only noticed two months ago that there is a topic every time and I think that is a great idea. Might even make it easier, who knows. LOL

      Delete
  4. You did awesome! I have seen this around but never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy. Some challenges speak to us, others don't. I love this just as much as the Six Degrees, it's so much fun looking for links or, in this case, books that fit the words.

      Delete
  5. Ohh this is a cute idea! And i love your choices....i haven't read any but adding a few to my tbr!

    Luna @ Mysteries by Moonlight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Luna. Yes, I also thought it was a cute idea, not mine, I must say. But I've been doing it for a while now and it still is fun. I hope you will enjoy the books you added to your TBR pile. I liked them all.

      Delete
  6. Autumn month - only new books to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisbeth. They are not all really well known, so I'm not surprised many don't know them. But all worth reading.

      Delete
  7. Great job!! These months are getting looong. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anon. What a shame Google still didn't get their act together and half of my comments are without someone I can thank personally.

      Delete