Tuesday 1 November 2022

Happy November!

  Happy November to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch


"Eichhörnchen im Schnee"
"Squirrels in the Snow"

Who doesn't like suqirrels? Well, I know, I do. They are just too cute. And Frank has painted them beautifully. I'm not a big fan of snow but I would love to play along with them.

* * *

My German word for the month is

mutterseelenallein

 If I break up the word and translate the different parts, you might already guess what it could mean:
mutter-seelen-allein = mother-soul-alone
In short, it describes the greatest possible solitude, i.e. that someone is totally alone, abandoned by all the world. It is the super-superlative of the word "alone".
I know some people feel that way in November and that's why I've chosen the word for this month.

* * *

My picture of the month is probably from the last visit to the ocean this year. We went to a kit festival on the North Sea. And it was beautiful. Both the kites as well as the sea air.
* * *
I talked to some people about October and November traditions lately and I thought I repeat the links here:

Happy November 2021: holidays in Germany in October and November and why we don't have a traditional Halloween (though some people celebrate it nowadays but that's more because the see it on television)

TTT Halloween Freebie 2010: We have other traditions like St. Martin where the children make their own lantern and then go from house to house, singing songs and getting sweets for that. Frank has drawn some beautiful pictures here, as well.

* * *

☮️ ☮️ ☮️

* * *

Have a happy November with this beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch.



You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about them.

8 comments:

  1. That kite festival looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed, Lark. Some really cute kites and then the sea air, just marvellous.

      Delete
  2. Happy November! The squirrels playing in snow is cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the same to you, Cindy. Yes, I adore squirrels and I can just see them talking to each other on this picture: Now, where did you hide the nuts? LOL

      Delete
  3. I do love watching squirrels. They're so cute and energetic!

    I quite like snow, but it doesn't snow where I live. Occasionally, we'll get flurries. That's always exciting, although it never sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think squirrels are absolutely cute and I wouldn't understand people who don't agree. 🐿️

      I like to see snow somewhere but I don't cherish driving on icy roads, especially with so many unsure drivers around you.

      But I do know what you mean and flurries are always nice to look at.

      Thanks for your comment, Susan. Happy November.

      Delete