Friday 24 February 2023

Book Quotes

  

"She had read enough stories to know that the princess and the monster were never the same. She had been alone long enough to know which one she was." Melissa Bashardoust, Girl Serpent Thorn

I think I have read enough stories to know that the princess will always be saved from the monster by the good looking guy.
😉

"A book was a powerful thing. It could take her away from all her incessant worries for whole minutes at a time." Susan Wiggs,
The Lost and Found Bookshop

Well said. So true.

"Paperbacks are for reading hardbacks for collecting" N.N.

Not a bad thought. But most of us don't have the space to collect all that many books, so I collect my paperbacks and only buy hardbacks very, very rarely.

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. That first quote makes me curious about the story behind it. And I love the Susan Wiggs quote; I've used that one on my blog, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's my kind of book, Lark, but I like the quote. It doesn't matter whether the book is something that interests me, just snippets can be great. And I'm not surprised you have used this or a couple of the quotes on your blogs, there are so many great ones and they do get repeated. And they totally deserve to.

      Delete