Tuesday 21 February 2023

Book Tag: 5…4…3…2…1…


I found this on Dianna's blog A Novel Glimpse and on Dini's blog, Dinipandireads, who found it on Becky's blog @ Beckysbookblog. Becky saw this tag on Instagram but wasn’t sure where it originated, so if you do know the creator, please feel free to add a comment so we can post a link to them up!  Thank you all.

5 Books You Love

This is such a tough one. I have linked some of my favourite books by some of my favourite authors (except for the last one, she has only written that one trilogy).

 
Austen, Jane - "Persuasion" - 1817
My favourite book by Jane Austen, one of my favourite classic authors.
Mann, Thomas "Buddenbrooks: The Decline of a Family" (GE: Buddenbrooks) - 1901
My favourite book by my favourite German author.

Pamuk, Orhan "My Name is Red" (TR: Benim Adım Kırmızı) - 1998
My favourite book by one of my favourite authors ever. Definitely my favourite Turkish author.

Ruiz Zafón, Carlos "The Shadow of the Wind" (E: La sombra del viento - El cementerio de los libros olvidados #1) - 2001
One of my favourite books ever. Too sad the author left us so early.

Stroyar, J.N. "The Children's War" - 2001
Definitely the best book I ever read. I must warn you, it's out of print and it's a trilogy. But if you're lucky, like me, you might still find a used copy.

4 Autobuy Authors

Again, there are many. I list the first one that came to my mind and the last ones they published. Hopefully, there will be more.

Hansen, Dörte "Lunchtime" (GE: Mittagsstunde) - 2018
Right now, my favourite contemporary author. Her first book (
This House is Mine) was translated into English, this one not. Yet, I hope.
Kingsolver, Barbara "Unsheltered" - 2018
One of my favourite US American authors, loved her since I read my first one by her (
The Poisonwood Bible).
Lawson, Mary "A Town Called Solace" - 2021
Definitely one of my favourite authors ever, Canadian writer Mary Lawson.
Pamuk, Orhan "The Red-Haired Woman" (TR: Kırmızı Saçlı Kadın) - 2016
Like I mentioned, one of my favourite authors. This was, like all the others in this category, his last book (well, he brought out one more that is still not available in paperback).

3 Favourites Genres

The Genres were not difficult but the books were.

Classic Books
Since I already mentioned my favourite classic author, Jane Austen, here is my favourite book by my next favourite:
Dickens, Charles
"Oliver Twist" - 1838
Travel Books
German journalist Stephan Orth travels the world similar to the way I used to when I was younger, only we called it "Pasporta Servo" and visited like-minded Esperanto-speakers. This was the first one I read and it might be even more interesting to read today with the war going on.
Orth, Stephan "Couchsurfing in Russia: Friendships and Misadventures Behind Putin’s Curtain" (GE: Couchsurfing in Russland. Wie ich fast zum Putin-Versteher wurde) - 2017
Historical Novels
There are lots of books that teach us history while entertaining us with a nice novel, Edward Rutherfurd is probably one of the best authors of that genre. This was his first one.
Rutherfurd, Edward
"Sarum: the Novel of England" - 1987

2 Places You Read

I read anywhere, in my armchair, my bed, in the car, in doctor's waiting rooms, wherever I have a few minutes by myself. Here you can see my reading nook/armchair.

1 Book You Promise to Read Soon

There are tons of books on my TBR pile, this is the one I might read next.

Abulhawa, Susan "Against the Loveless World" - 2020

Now, I hope more bloggers will take this on and I am looking forward to your results.

21 comments:

  1. Cool! I'll do my version on Saturday. It'll give me a while to think about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to it. And don't worry, I first saw it in August last year. ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you did this one! It was so much fun to see what books you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deanna. It was a lot of fun, though also hard work, to choose the best books. Thanks for introducing me to the challenge.

      Delete
  3. I love this one! I might have to give it a go myself next month. Although choosing only 5 books I love might be really tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. Same here, I absolutely loved it. And chosing the best books was hard work for all the subjects.

      Delete
  4. Oooh some brilliant books on here! I really need to pick up Persuasion, and I've had The Shadow of the Wind on my TBR for far too long :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anon (Becky?) They are both worth picking up right away. Enjoy.

      Delete
  5. Awesome! This seems like a difficult to me. I don’t think I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Above anonymous comment is from carol € Reading Ladies 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. I know, the internet plays tricks on us all the time.

      And yes, it is not the easiest of challenges but one of the most deserving since it takes us back to those great reads.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I liked it, was well.

      Delete
    2. I just published my post for this book tag on my blog!

      Delete
    3. I'll have a look. Thanks.

      Delete
    4. You're welcome, Lisa. I only passed it on.

      Delete
  8. That's a great looking reading chair! The book on Russia looks interesting, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephen. It is very comfortable. And yes, the book on Russia is great, just as his other books on China, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and, his last one so far, the UK during Covid.

      Delete
  9. Good choices. Three of them are favourite books of mine, Persuasion, Buddenbrooks and Shadows.... Althought if I had to choose five, Persuasion has to go for A Gentleman in Moscow, Gone With the Wind and Wuthering Heights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Lisbeth. Yes, they are some fabulous books. And I've read all of your three books. I'm not a fan of Wuthering Heights, too gothic for me. And the two others are great books but I would change them back to the ones I chose originally. ;)

      Delete