Monday 1 January 2024

Windmills

  Happy January to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch

"Die Ahrenshooper Mühle im Winter"
"The Mill of Ahrenshoop in Winter
"

Frank says to this picture:
Als wir in den vergangenen Wochen im Winter an der Ostsee unterwegs waren, dann hatten die Schneewolken die Landschaften an der Ostsee in einen Wintertraum verwandelt..

When we were traveling along the Baltic Sea in winter in the past few weeks, the snow clouds had transformed the landscape on the Baltic Sea into a winter dream.

(see here)

Another great watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch. Enjoy!

Read more on their website here. *
 

 * * * 
 
I have always loved windmills. Therefore, I cannot hide this January picture by Frank Koebsch. Isn't it beautiful?
 
 * * * 

The German word for January is Januar, so very similar. But there are old German words, as well. They are often based on natural phenomena and seasons. January used to be called Hartung (hardening) or Eismond (ice moon or ice month).
 
 * * * 
 
* You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about the two artists. 

* * *
🌬🍃 I wish you all a wonderful January! 🌬🍃

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, Windmills!

    Happy New Year Marianne. I hope that it's a good one for you, your family and everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kitten. And a happy new year to you. I'm looking forward to many "talks" with you.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful artwork. I'm not a big fans of windmill but they do sort of bring on a nostalgic feeling.

    Have a lovely new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Lissa, and I'm glad you still love the painting.

      Delete
  3. I love that windmill watercolor! I took tons of photos of windmills the one time I got to visit the Netherlands. They're so picturesque. Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have done the same if I only were in the area for once, Lark. I lived in windmill areas all my life and must have taken hundreds of pictures of them. And I've been in many of them, as well. They never cease to amaze me.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful artwork. There is something special with windmill. Happy January and hope it will be a good year to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Lisbeth. Windmills are magical.

      Delete