Monday 22 April 2024

Hyde, Catherine Ryan "When I found you"

 

Hyde, Catherine Ryan "When I found you" - 2009

A member of my book club mentioned she really liked the books by Catherine Ryan Hyde. I had never heard of her before, so she lent me one of her titles.

It looks like Mrs. Hyde is a very diligent writer because she has published 24 books sind 1997, this being her eleventh.

A lot of topics are touched in this book. Not that it makes it superficial or anything, the whole story is very touching and the different topics float into each other perfectly. Abandonment, foster care, professional sports, early love, late love, poverty. You would think with all those subjects, it is more a chick lit type of book but it was not. I quite liked it.

From the back cover:

"When Nathan McCann discovers a newborn baby boy half buried in the woods, he assumes he's found a tiny dead body. But then the baby moves and in one remarkable moment, Nathan's life is changed forever.

The baby is sent to grow up with his grandmother, but Nathan can't forget him and is compelled to pay her a visit. He asks for one simple promise - that one day she will introduce the boy to Nathan and tell him, '
This is the man who found you in the woods.'

Years pass and Nathan assumes that the old lady has not kept her promise, until one day an angry, troubled boy arrives on his doorstep with a suitcase . . .
"

8 comments:

  1. I've read and enjoyed at least one book by Hyde. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds like one I might enjoy. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice to hear, Susan. As I mentioned, she has written 24 books, so no wonder, you haven't heard of them all. And thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I've read two books by Hyde and really enjoyed both; in fact I just reviewed her book Just a Regular Boy a few weeks ago. Glad to know this is another good one by her. I'd like to read more of her books. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that out, Lark. I probably saw it but since the author didn't mean anything to me, I must have overlooked the content. On some days, I am just not well enough to comment on every post. Sorry.

      Delete
  3. I've read one by that author and liked it verry much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven read this author, but I just checked a list of her books, and I liked the titles. I'm a sucker for a good title, so now to choose one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is indeed a tough one, JenClair. Maybe one of the other bloggers can recommend her favourite though I think this one was a favourite of my book club friend.

      Delete