Monday 1 April 2024

Happy April!

   Happy April to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Hanka Koebsch

"Eichelhäher"
"Jay
"

Read more on their website here. *


* * *
 
March is St. Patrick's Day, International Women's Day, World Wildlife Day, National Grammar Day in the US, and this year, we even had an early Easter. So, lots of occasions for celebrations. Wouldn't it be great if we could celebrate International Peace Day???


 * * *

We visited our son in Brussels. I didn't take many pictures but here is one of my favourite places in the town:

I used to live nearby and now my son does. What's not to love?
This is the Cinquantenaire Arch which is commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Belgian Revolution. There is a large parc behind it and the whole parc is just beautiful.
 
 * * *

The old German word for April is Launing or Ostermond. The former is probably because the April is moody (launisch), the latter stands for the month of Easter.

* * *

* You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about the two artists. 

* * *

Attention, it's April's Fools Day today!

🤪 🤣 I wish you all a Happy April! 🤪 🤣

10 comments:

  1. Jay's are gorgeous creatures...!

    Happy April and a late Happy Easter to you....

    Archways are something special aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kitten. And the same to you.
      Yes, I love archways, somehow they give you the impression you are going somewhere exciting.

      Delete
  2. Happy April! And I really wish there would be peace for us to celebrate on International Peace Day. Hope you have a great week. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark, that would be the best world ever.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos and I wish you a happy April!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture! We had a Blue Jay on our porch today, but the American ones are much bigger and bluer than the European ones. Ha, ha, I have never heard of "National Grammar Day" here. I guess nobody cares -- although it would help some people with their writing. So nice you had an outing for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of it, either. But yes, it would help a lot of people. Everywhere.
      And I have only seen American animals in the zoo since I've never been there. But isn't everything bigger in America? ;)

      Delete
  5. Happy April, somewhat late. How wonderful with a visit to Brussels and the son. Here everything is very slow, but I go to Gothenburg on Friday and will meet Hannes there fore the weekend. At the end of April I go with a tour to Danzig, Sopot and Marienburg in Poland. That will be interesting. Enjoy, and hopefully you will have some sunshine. Not much here I am afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishes are always welcome, Lisbeth, no matter how late. And April isn't over, yet. We had a wonderful visit with our other son in Haarlem, as well. It's always great to meet the children.
      Enjoy Gothenburg, such a wonderful city.
      Your next trip also sounds great. I have never been to Poland, so I am looking forward to your report.
      We have lovely weather. You can always come and enjoy it with us. ♥

      Delete