Tuesday 23 April 2024

Top 5 Tuesday ~ Cheese

 

Top Five Tuesday was originally created by Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm, but is now hosted by Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads. To participate, link your post back to Meeghan’s blog or leave a comment on her weekly post. I found this on Davida's Page @ The Chocolate Lady.

* * *
This week’s topic is Cheese. Apparently, "somewhere in the world it is National Grilled Cheese month… I know, right?! So, you can take this any way you want. Either shout about some books with great jokes (cheesy or otherwise), or go straight down that literally path of cheesy goodness."

I am lactose intolerant. If you've been sick from anything containing lactose, you don't really like neither the smell nor the tast of it, so I have never liked cheese. And I don't like cheesy stories, either. However, I came up with a few books that fit the description.

Clarke, Stephen "Merde actually" (aka In the Merde for Love) - 2006
Well, the French are known for their cheese, right?

Drinkwater, Carol "The Olive Farm" - 2001
A farm in the South of France? Again, they eat a lot of cheese here.

Johnson, Dr. Spencer "Who Moved My Cheese?" - 1998
The name is in the title.

Prelutsky, Jack "A Pizza the size of the Sun - Poems for Children" - 1990-2000
Most people believe there has to be cheese on a pizza. However, the original one just had leftovers on it, could be cheese, could be something else.

Spyri, Johanna "Heidi" (GE: Heidis Lehr- und Wanderjahre + Heidi kann brauchen, was es gelernt hat) - 1880/81
They definitely talk about making cheese here, Heide moves in with her grandfather in a hut in the mountains and they have a lot of goats.

* * *

🧀Happy Reading!🧀
📚 📚 📚

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Do you mean "cheesy", Kitten? 😉

      Delete
    2. [lol] I do like a bit a cheese - the hard stuff. I've never been able to stomach soft cheese. It just feels... 'wrong'. For preference I'm a fan of crumbly Lancashire on crusty brown bread. Yum....

      Delete
    3. Heehee. Have you had your lactose tolerance checked, Kitten? The result might probably not as bad as mine if you can eat hard cheese but that has a lot less lactose than the soft ones.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry if this week's topic had you feeling not so gouda. I hope you enjoy other weeks more!! 🧀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the week, I just don't like cheese. But it was fun looking for books that would fit the topic. Thanks, Meeghan, will look to see what you found.

      Delete
  3. Extra tough topic for you! My Mum does not eat cheese so she has also discovered. Pizzias do not have to have cheese on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wonderwall. Sorry for your mum.
      And yes, pizzas do not have to have cheese on it. The original Italian version was always some dough with whatever leftovers there were. When the first Italians came to the States and had more money, the put cheese on them because they could afford it suddenly. But they taste great without cheese, I love pizza.

      Delete
  4. (Wonderwall360)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Jack Prelutsky so much. In one of my classrooms we had Poetry Slams every Friday and the kids loved choosing poems from those books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has wonderful books, Sarah, my children just loved his poems. And I loved that I could use one of his for this topic.

      Delete
  6. To Brie or Not to Brie would be another one, but I have not read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. The author has written more of these "Cheese Shop Mysteries."

      Delete
    2. Brilliant, Eva. They look a little "cheesy" to me, so I might not read them, either. But I'm sure they are great.

      Delete