Tuesday 9 June 2020

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Ten Books I’ve Added to my TBR and Forgotten Why



"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish".

It is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

Top Ten Books I’ve Added to my TBR and Forgotten Why

So, this week, I needed to go through my TBR list and try to remember why I bought certain books. Some of the titles look so suspicious that I really think I must have been on another planet (the first one, for example).

But I have to agree with Jana, That Artsy Reader Girl, we book lovers tend to add books to our to-read lists and then forget about them. I believe, in most cases the cover must have interested me and I bought it but the story itself is not really part of my usual reading habit.

So, here is my list. If you have read any of those books and want to encourage me to read one of them, please, let me know.

Childs, Laura "Death by Darjeeling" - 2001
Danielewski, Mark Z. "House of Leaves" - 2000
Greene, Brian "The Fabric of the Cosmos. Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality" - 2005
Harper, M. A. "The Worst Day Of My Life, So Far" - 2001
Hay, Louise L. "You Can Heal your Life" - 1984
Kelly, Cathy "What She Wants" - 2001
Reynolds, Sheri "The Rapture of Canaan" - 1997
Rubenfeld, Jed "The Interpretation of Murder" - 2006
Silas, Shelley "12 Days" - 2005
Stagg, Bruce, "The Crowd from Roaring Cove" - 1997

18 comments:

  1. The Rapture of Canaan was a great story for what it's worth!

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lydia. I will take it up for one of my next reads. I just checked and noticed it's an Oprah book, so that's probably the reason why I bought it.

      Thanks for your visit, will return the favour soon.

      Delete
  2. I remember Rapture of Canaan being quite sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably is from what I've just read. As I mentioned to Lydia ^^, I noticed it's an Oprah book, so that's probably the reason why I bought it.

      I don't mind sad books if they are well written and have a good message. So I'm looking forward to this one.

      Thanks again for your visit, see you on your page.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but it would be cool if you chose one a month to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea, Deanna. Thanks for that. And thanks for your loyal visits.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these books, so I'm no help. I hope you enjoy the books if you do read them.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna ^^ just suggested I should read one once a month. So maybe I'll do that. Great idea.

      Delete
  5. I'm unfamiliar with these titles, but I hope you enjoy the stories if you decide to read them!

    My TTT list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what, I'm also unfamiliar with the titles since I completely forgot about them. LOL

      Thanks for your visit and your list. I'll go to your site soon.

      Delete
  6. These are all new to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the club, Marg. 😉 Thanks for your visit.

      Delete
  7. I haven't read any of these so I'm no help, but I do relate to not remembering why a certain book is on your TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think any of my friends here would be of any help. And, tbh, some of those books have been on my TBR list for almost ten years, so no wonder I forgot. LOL.

      Thanks for your visit.

      Delete
  8. Nope. Have not read any of them. It is unbelievable how many books I own that I have not yet read. Then there are my TBR lists. I have been dipping in to quite a few of those books though since my library has not been available for three months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was almost certain that nobody had read any of those books. So, if even you haven't read any of them, I'm sure I was right. ;)

      I haven't been to the library since we moved since it's only a small one here where I can't get the type of books I'd like and only in German, if at all. But has that made a difference in my TBR pile? Nope!

      Delete
  9. Such a wide range of books! I'll definitely need to look them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading and I read a lot. I try to read as many different types of books as I can, so my TBR pile doesn't look any different.

      Thanks for your visit. Will have to have a look at your page.

      Delete