Thursday 8 October 2020

Nobel Prize for Literature 2020 goes to Louise Glück from the United States

Every year I'm waiting patiently (or rather impatiently) who will be the next recipient of the Nobel Prize for Literature. I always hope to find a new author I haven't heard of before and who I will love.
 
Well, I haven't heard of this one and I'm happy it's another woman (although I would have preferred her to be from another country because now it might take another ten years until they consider Joyce Carol Oates).
 
Anyway, the author the prize has been awarded to is Louise Glück. As I said, never heard of her and I'm not surprised. She writes poems. I'm not much into poems, there is one or other that I like but, no, I'm not a big fan. So, I'll have to wait another year to find a great new author. Sigh. I will try to read some of her poems, though, when/if I'm in the mood.

Louise Glück received the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2020 "for her unmistakable poetic voice that with austere beauty makes individual existence universal".

I contribute to this page: Read the Nobels and you can find all my blogs about Nobel Prize winning authors and their books here.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of Louise Gluck, but have not read any of her poetry. I have been reading poetry more in the last couple years. So far, my favorite was W B Yeats.

    ReplyDelete