Friday 16 October 2020

Book Quotes of the Week

"Perhaps I shall. Yes, yes, if you please, no reference to examples in books. Men have had every advantage of us in telling their own story. Education has been theirs in so much higher a degree; the pen has been in their hands. I will not allow books to prove anything." Jane Austen, Persuasion
Even though she is right about the advantage of men, I still love a reference to a good book. And there are more written by women in the meantime, thank goodness.

"No one ever committed suicide while reading a good book, but many have tried while trying to write one." Robert Byrne
Oh dear, but I guess he is right there. Still, I'm grateful to all the authors who save my life!

"Reading is important because if you can read, you can learn anything about everything and everything about anything." Tomie de Paola
Very important to read and then to learn from it.

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. A good book as an antidote to depression and/or suicidal thoughts is what works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it works for many people, myself included.

      Delete