Friday 30 October 2020

Book Quotes of the Week

"Reading is another way we survive. It helps to know where we came from, how we got here. And most of all, for me, even though these low and empty islands are all I have ever known, when I open the front cover of a new book, it's like a door, and I can travel far away in place and time." C. A. Fletcher "A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World"
Where would we be withough reading? Probably still sit on trees and eat bananas … Even though I don't live on an empty island, books have given me more than anything else.

"A childhood without books – that would be no childhood. That would be like being shut out from the enchanted place where you can go and find the rarest kind of joy." Astrid Lindgren
Again, I could not imagine having lived without books, having grown up without books. Books give us more than we can ever imagine.

"My life was narrated for me by others. Their voices were forceful, emphatic, absolute. It had never occurred to me that my voice might be as strong as theirs." Tara Westover, Educated
I once heard that you should be the main character in your story, not the supporting actor. That is what Tara Westover says here, as well, and it's so true. 

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments: