Thursday 29 October 2020

Books With Daughter in the Title

Elisabeth from Silversolara always posts interesting lists of books I read. One of them was "Books with Daughter in the Title". I was amazed to see how many I already read. Looks like it's an interesting topics for most of us.

Allende, Isabel "Daughter of Fortune" (Sp: Hija de la fortuna)

Edwards, Kim "The Memory Keeper's Daughter

Fredriksson, Marianne "Hanna's Daughters" (Sw: Anna, Hanna og Johanna)

Gordimer, Nadine "Burger's Daughter

Gowda, Shilpi Somaya "Secret Daughter"

Hickman, Katie "Daughters of Britannia"

Morton, Kate "The Clockmaker's Daughter"

Oates, Joyce Carol "The Gravedigger's Daughter"

Şafak, Elif "Three Daughters of Eve" (Tr: Havva'nın Üç Kızı) 

Nine, that's almost enough for a Top Ten Tuesday. And then I have three more where the word "daughter" turns up in the "subtitle", as I always call it. They are both about daughters, as well, therefore I include them here.

Chang, Jung "Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China

Sobel, Dava "Galileo's Daughter"

Ung, Loung "First they killed my father. A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers"


Have a look and see how many you can find among your books. Let me know.

5 comments:

  1. I have read Daughter of Fortune and many others of these are either on my TBR or already on my shelves of unread books. I am a daughter after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, that's why it is a subject for everybody. I really love Isabel Allende's House of the Spirits trilogy but my favourite of the books listed would be Hanna's Daughers.

      But they are all great, so enjoy those that are still on your TBR list.

      Delete
    2. Hanna's DaughTers, of course. LOL

      Delete
  2. Ooooo...what a great list of “daughter” books.

    😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, they are all great. As I said to Judy ^^, my favourite would be Hanna's Daughters and I'm sure you'd enjoy that one as well.

      Happy Reading.

      Delete