Wednesday 20 July 2022

10 Year Challenge Book Tag 2022


I was not tagged but saw this challenge on Deanna's page A Novel Glimpse through Bea @ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic. It was created by Rincey Reads. It’s a fun tag that takes a look back at my reading 10 years ago versus today. Please check out Deanna's, Bea’s and Rincey's posts.

What was your favourite book in 2012?

Atwood, Margaret "The Handmaid’s Tale" (Re-Read) - 1985
In the meantime, I think everyone knows this book (or knows about this book), and I think it is more relevant than ever.

What is your favourite book of 2022 (so far)?
Lawson, Mary "A Town Called Solace" - 2021
Tough one but since I've been waiting for this one to be issued as a paperback for quite a while and I've read all of her other books, I decided on this one in the end.

What was your least favourite book in 2012?
Roy, Arundhati "The God of Small Things" - 1997
It might not have been the worst book I read but certainly the most disappointing one.

What is a book published in 2012 that you still want to read?

Ivey, Eowyn "The Snow Child" - 2012
I read "To The Bright Edge of the World" by the same author and have had this on my wishlist for a while.

What is the book published (to be published) in 2022 you want to get before 2023?

Kingsolver, Barbara "Demon Copperhead" - 2022

What is a genre you used to read a lot of that you don’t read as much of anymore?
Forest, Jim "The Ladder of the Beatitudes" - 1999
Like last year: Spiritual Books. I used to be in a church group and we read a lot of books together. Now that I try to reduce my TBR pile, I don't read as many anymore. I still want to read more by Jim Forest who I was lucky to meet during one of our get-togethers.

What is a new genre you’ve discovered since 2012?

Stephenson, Neal "Anathem" - 2008
As I mentionend last year, this is a tough one. I've been reading for so long and I've always been reading almost anything at least once. And those genres that I didn't tend to didn't increase after 2012. I have read a few science fiction books with my online book club but te one I enjoyed best was one I found myself:

What is a reading or book habit you are hoping to leave behind in this decade?
Again, same as last year: Buying too many books. But I doubt that will ever change.

What is a new reading goal or habit you want to create in the upcoming decade?
I don't have many reading goals. I read a lot. I read all the time. I am in two book clubs. I hope I can keep that up and read many more classcis that I have missed so far.

I'm not tagging anyone but invite you all to do this, if you like to participate. If you decide to do this, leave a link in the comments so I can check out your post. Thanks!

I did this already last year. See my 10 Year Challenge 2021 here.

10 comments:

  1. Interesting..... and it might have given me an idea for Saturday.... [muses]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, Kitten, I thought of you when posting this. I know you like these lists as much as I do. Have fun!

      Delete
  2. This was fun to read again! It's interesting to compare and contrast the two years. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deanna, I really enjoyed putting this list together.

      Delete
  3. How do you even remember what your favorite book was in 2012? Oh, and I really liked The Snow Child, so I hope you get a chance to read it someday. Fun post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Lark, that's a good question. I wish I could say because I have such a great memory but no, I've just been blogging that long, have always made lists of my favourite books etc. So, just going back in my notes, I easily know what I read and what were my favourites then and - as in this case - know exactly that it was the right choice.

      Delete
  4. wooo, this is good. I think I'm going to do this.
    Neat to see Jim Forest here. "Life eternal", as we say among Orthodox Christians

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're going to have just as much fun as I did, Emma. So lovely to think back ten years ago and get reminded of all the great books we read back then.

      Of course, I should have known you know of Jim Forest. He was a friend of a friend from church and came to a talk to our congretation once. He is such a lovely guy. So thoughtful.

      Delete
  5. Interesting. Will have to look into the questions. Although, I read a lot from my TBRs and I don't follow new books that much. Just if I happen to read a good review, I might buy or borrow it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you would enjoy this as much as I did, Lisbeth. And we would all have the pleasure to see your answers.

      Delete