Thursday 7 July 2022

#ThrowbackThursday. Infidel: My Life

Hirsi Ali, Ayaan "Infidel: My Life" (Dutch: Mijn Vrijheid) - 2006

This book led to a lively discussion about religion, women's rights, different lives in different countries and other books about these topics in our book club. We were surprised about the way Dutch people think about this.

One of the questions that came up was how much the Muslims would have to adjust in our countries.

We all agreed that Ayaan Hirsi Ali is so extraordinary, remarkable, a fantastic person. She lived in different countries, times, systems.

We discussed this in our international book club in March 2008.

Read more on my original posts here

6 comments:

  1. I read this book! And I thought it was both fascinating and eye-opening. I really liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good description, Lark. And I just said on my original post that it is still as relevant as when it was written.

      Delete
  2. Sounds very interesting. On my way to your review.
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/07/07/throwback-thursday-april-may-2012/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to read this book, but I still haven't gotten to it. Sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is, Susan. I hope you will get to it soon.

      Delete