Friday 29 July 2022

Book Quotes of the Week

 

"Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on." Louis L'Amour

I've never read anything by Louis L'Amour and I've heard people speaking not very kindly of his books but he hits the nail on its head here.

"A children’s story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children’s story in the slightest." C.S. Lewis

He's right there. I have always enjoyed the stories I read to my children.

"My version of a haunted house is one with no books." N.N. *

That must be a terrible house!

* [If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

Find more book quotes here.  

4 comments:

  1. No idea who 'N N' is.... But I've been in houses where there are no books. It's WEIRD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who N.N. is, either. LOL (it's for omen nescio, Latin for "no name", so an unknown originator)

      And yes, totally weird, those houses seem unlived in, have no soul. I even know people who don't have a single non-fiction book.

      Delete
  2. Love the Louis L'Amour quote! And the haunted house one made me laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete