Tuesday 5 July 2022

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Most Anticipated Books

 

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish". It is now hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl.

Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

This week, our topic is Most Anticipated Books Releasing In the Second Half of 2022

I am still waiting for a few books to be released as a paperback or to be translated into a language known to me but I have posted about them before (see here). I have some of those books, some of them books are still not out the way I like them (paperback and preferably the original language) but I'm still waiting for these.

Falcones, Ildefonso "Painter of Souls" (El pintor de almas) (Goodreads)
(waiting for translation)

Jonuleit, Anja "Das letzte Bild" (Goodreads)

Pamuk, Orhan "Nights of Plague" (Veba Geceleri/
Die Nächte der Pest) (Goodreads)
(waiting for translation)

Rimington, Celesta "The Elephant's Girl" (Goodreads)

Zeh, Juli "Über Menschen" [About People] - 2021

Then there are a few new books by some of my favourite authors that will be published until the end of the year. Can't wait.

Atwood, Margaret "Fourteen Days: An Unauthorized Gathering" - 2022 (Goodreads) *

Kingsolver, Barbara "Demon Copperhead" - 2022

Oates, Joyce Carol "Extenuating Circumstances - 2022 (Goodreads)

Oates, Joyce Carol "Babysitter" - 2022 (Goodreads)

Tellkamp, Uwe "Der Schlaf in den Uhren" - 2022 (Goodreads)

* Funnily enough, the English cover is to be revealed, but the cover of the German translation has been made public already.

I am sure I will find many more books I should look forward to when I see what others have posted.

📚 Happy Reading! 📚

31 comments:

  1. I thought I'd see if I could make a comment today! I wasn't aware of Demon Copperhead or Fourteen Days, so thanks for alerting me to those - I'd like to read those too. I nearly added the Oates book to my list, but don't think I want to read about child abduction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is crazy, Margaret, I still have a few WordPress blogger where I can't comment. Let's just hope they will get a grip soon. Would be nice if the "providers" would provide us with a possibility to get in touch with them.

      I'm glad I could make me aware of some new books, I usually only know by chance when something comes out from my favourite authors. Although, sometimes Goodreads tells me. This time, I only saw the Uwe Tellkamp book in a shop. As a hardback, so I'll have to wait at least another year. Or two. Or three ...

      The others, I just checked my favourite authors. I can see that you wouldn't want to read another book on the same topic. I try to alternate with different authors, different countries etc. But I absolutely love JCO, so I will certainly read it at some point.

      Delete
  2. I had no idea that Margaret Atwood or Barbara Kingsolver have new books coming out, so thank you!

    I took off on my own this week and shared a list of the best three titles to take along on a trip to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either, Deb, only when I started looking for my favourite authors. So, now we both have something to look forward to.

      And I am now looking forward to your post about Paris. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Interesting. I don't read many translated works, however recently I have read Fish Swimming In Dappled Sunlight (translated from Japanese) and The Rabbit Factor (translated from Finnish).

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/07/05/top-ten-tuesday-most-anticipated-books-releasing-in-the-second-half-of-2022/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer reading originals, as well, Emily. But since I don't speak all the languages in the world, I go for many translations, as well, since I want to read about the whole world.

      I haven't heard from the books you mentioned, so I'll have to look them up. Thank you for that.

      Delete
  4. I didn’t know there was a new Joyce Carol Oates book coming. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even two, Lydia. I was as surprised as you are. Always good to look forward to another one of her novels.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed The Elephant's Girl. It's a little quirky, but the I loved the ending. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. Yes, I'm not too sure whether it is the right book for me. I read "Water for Elephants" and found it too "shallow". But elephants are my favourite animals, so I keep picking up books with them in the title. LOL

      Delete
  6. Great list, Marianne! Orhan Pamuk is an author that I've been wanting to check out for a while. I hope you enjoy all of these reads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dini. Orhan Pamuk is one of my favourite authors ever. I can highly recommend "My Name is Red", the best in my opinion.

      Delete
  7. Wow the Margaret Atwood one has quite the lin up of authors contributing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Greg, she has become pretty famous through "The Handmaid's Tale" even with non-readers, that might be one of the reasons. But I also read other books by her and they were all pretty fabulous.

      Delete
  8. Looks like a great list, hope you'll enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsey. I hope so do, once I get to them. Eventually. LOL

      Delete
  9. The Elephant's Girl looks like one I might enjoy. :D I hope you enjoy each of these. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenni. I'm a little careful with that one but we'll see. And I always enjoy other lists, so you're welcome.

      Delete
  10. I hope that you enjoy each of these, and don't have to wait too long.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/10-most-anticipated-canadian-releases-in-late-2022/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that I don't have anything left to read, Pam. LOL

      Delete
  11. I hope you enjoy all of these!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/07/05/top-ten-tuesday-375/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. They are all very promising.

      Delete
  12. THE ELEPHANT'S GIRL is a sweet, fun one. I really enjoyed it. I hope you like it and all these others.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I hope so, too. I'm not sure whether "The Elephant's Girl" is really for me but I love elephants. We'll see.

      Delete
  13. Wait, what, another Kingsolver?? I may let myself be tempted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. She is one of the authors where I want to read every single piece she's written.

      Delete
  14. I've had My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk on my TBR for years. Maybe I'll finally get to it one day. I also need to read more Atwood.

    I hope you enjoy these when you read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen.

      I highly recommend Orhan Pamuk and "My Name is Red" is probably his best ever. Enjoy.

      Delete
    2. This is ridiculous. I just commented on Emma's post as "Marianne" and now it says "Anonymous". But it's definitely me again. Blogger seems to be on the warpath.

      Delete