Friday 18 December 2020

Book Quotes of the Week

"Despite his money and his looks and all the good-on-paper attributes he possessed, he was not a reader, and well, let’s just say that is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put." Eleanor Brown, The Weird Sisters
A sentiment I can totally underline.

"I don’t know a lot about history, but I do understand that all it takes is a whole bunch of bystanders and people just doing their jobs for ugly things to happen." Sarah Crossan, Moonrise
This is so important. Don't just say something political is wrong to your friends who agree, say it especially to those who disagree if you see that others suffer through it.


"What we read and why we do so defines us in a profound way. You are what you read, I suppose. Browsing through someone’s library is like peeking into their DNA." Guillermo del Toro
Very true. I always have to look at people's bookshelves, tells me so much about them.

"Books, which we mistake for consolation, only add depth to our sorrow. "
Orhan Pamuk, My Name Is Red
That can be true in many ways but sometimes a book helps. Not those self-help books that are just written to confuse us even more. But reading about someone who has similar problems, even or especially if they don't get solves, often helps a lot better.

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. Refreshing quotes today my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I loved them all. Every time I read one of them, I think this is my favourite. And then I read the next and go, no this is my favourite. Well, they're all good ones that I can only applaud.

      Delete