Friday 7 January 2022

Book Quotes of the Week

 

"And all the books you've read have been read by other people. And all the songs you've loved have been heard by other people. And that girl that's pretty to you is pretty to other people. And you know that if you looked at these facts when you were happy, you would feel great because you are describing 'unity'." Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

There is always a lot of consolation of knowing other people have felt and still feel the same.

"Bookstores always remind me that there are good things in this world." Vincent Van Gogh

So true. And if you know Vincent Van Gogh's story and look at his pictures you can see that there is a lot of beauty everywhere and a lot of good exists.

"I stockpile books like extreme couponers stockpile groceries." N.N.
*

Since this is the beginning of the year, many bloggers have put up their statistics (including me) and there is one sentiment among all of us, we can't stop buying books even though we have
TBR piles we can never finish in one lifetime.

Find more book quotes here.

* [If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

4 comments:

  1. I love the Vincent Van Gogh quote! He's one of my favorite artists; I've been been to his grave. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, that's interesting, Lark. I have seen lots of his paintings but haven't been to his grave.

      Delete