Saturday 1 January 2022

Happy New Year!

 Happy New Year to all my friends and readers

 New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Hanka Koebsch

"Winterliebe"
"Winter Love"

I wish us all a wonderful year 2022 without masks, restrictions and discussions about whether we need a vaccination or not. Covid has kept people apart for far too long. Best wishes!

As in the last years, I present you a calendar picture by my favourite contemporary artists, Hanka and Frank Koebsch. This year, there is an animal on almost all of their paintings. The cover shows two bullfinches. I'm not the biggest expert on birds but I suppose these are the Eurasian or common species (Pyrrhula pyrrhula) known in German as Dompfaff (= Cathedral Parson) or Gimpel (also a word for a ninny. Its French name is bouvreuil pivoine, Esperanto pirolo, Dutch goudvink (goldfinch which is, in English, of course, a different bird)).

You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about them. 

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Marianne! I hope 2022 turns the corner on COVID and we can all enjoy happier, healthier lives. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lark, that would be fantastic. In any case, I'm looking forward to continuing our friendship here. Have a great 2022.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, friend! I look forward to many more wonderful book conversations in 2022 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Sarah, I am so happy there are so many wonderful people in the book community and I'm extremely happy to have met you. All the best to you and Eleanor.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Lectrice. I wish you the same. Here's to many book talks in 2022.

      Delete