Tuesday 24 October 2023

10 Year Challenge Book Tag 2023

I was not tagged but saw this challenge on Deanna's page A Novel Glimpse through Bea @ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic. It was created by Rincey Reads. It’s a fun tag that takes a look back at my reading 10 years ago versus today. Please check out Deanna's, Bea’s and Rincey's posts.

What was your favourite book in 2013?

Ruiz Zafón, Carlos "The Prisoner of Heaven" (E: El prisionero del cielo - El cementerio de los libros olvidados #3) - 2011
One of my favourite book series ever.

What is your favourite book of 2023 (so far)?
Brooks, Geraldine "People of the Book" - 2008
Not a difficult decision, I absolutely loved this story.

What was your least favourite book in 2013?
Gillham, David R. "City of Women" - 2012

What is a book published in 2013 that you still want to read?

Garfield, Simon "To the Letter: A Curious History of Correspondence - A Celebration of the Lost Art of Letter Writing" - 2013
(Goodreads)
I read "On the Map. Why the World Looks the Way it Does" by the same author and only just found "To the Letter".

What is the book published (to be published) in 2023 you want to get before 2024?

Follett, Ken "The Armour of Light" (Goodreads)

What is a genre you used to read a lot of that you don’t read as much of anymore?
I don't think there was a huge change between the genres I used to read and those that I read now. I still like classics, Nobel Prize winners, anything I can learn from ...

What is a new genre you’ve discovered since 2013?

I think I have read books from all genres and haven't really found any new ones. I know which ones I love and which ones I truly dislike. And I doubt that this will change.

What is a reading or book habit you are hoping to leave behind in this decade?
Same as last year: Buying too many books. But I doubt that will ever change.

What is a new reading goal or habit you want to create in the upcoming decade?
I think I have more than enough reading habits and don't intend to change them.

I'm not tagging anyone but invite you all to do this, if you like to participate. If you decide to do this, leave a link in the comments so I can check out your post. Thanks!

I did this already last year. See my 10 Year Challenge 2021 here and my 2022 Challenge here.

10 comments:

  1. Cool! I'll do this on Saturday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way of remembering former reads, Kitten. Looking forward to your post.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I'm going through my readign list as it is.

      Delete
  2. In the last ten years, I have begun to focus much more on classics, literary fiction, and nonfiction. Thanks for sharing this meme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Deb. We all grow with our reading, I believe.

      Delete
  3. You remember what your favorite book was in 2013? You must keep really good lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. Haha. I have been blogging since 2010, so I only have to look in my statistics.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the stats and reading habits. Interesting. I do think I still read the same genres, but have developed my reading to books I would never read in 2013. That feels nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know, Lisbeth. I love statistics and lists. So, no wonder I jumped at this idea. It gives you such a good opportunity to reminisce about books you read ages ago.

      Delete