Wednesday 21 August 2024

Top 5 Tuesday ~ Orphans

Top Five Tuesday was originally created by Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm, but is now hosted by Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads. To participate, link your post back to Meeghan’s blog or leave a comment on her weekly post. I found this on Davida's Page @ The Chocolate Lady.

* * *
This week’s topic is Orphans. Meeghan says: "The opposite of family would be no family. And what does a lot of (primarily middle grade or young adult) literature have in common? An absence of parents. Which, honestly, is kind of weird. Who hurt those authors??"

A lot of the books I read with orphans are classics where it was a lot more common that children ended up with no parents or caretakers, or they take place during a war where also more people are killed and have to leave their loved ones behind. But I found some other novels with this topic.
* * *
👶 Happy Reading! 👶
📚 📚 📚

2 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, my reads about orphans was basically The Box Car Children. I wanted to live in a boxcar and forage for useful items from the garbage dump. Adult me is appalled at the idea of even driving by a garbage dump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, Sarah. For children, that always sounds fascinating. Because we don't see the disadvantages, it just always seems to be an adventure.

      Delete