Wednesday 7 August 2024

Top 5 Tuesday ~ Music

    

Top Five Tuesday was originally created by Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm, but is now hosted by Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads. To participate, link your post back to Meeghan’s blog or leave a comment on her weekly post. I found this on Davida's Page @ The Chocolate Lady.

* * *
This week’s topic is a Freebie. Before I joined, one of the topics was Music. Meeghan said: "February seems to have a ‘national ukulele day’ so what are your top 5 books about music, musicians, or instruments."

I liked that idea and was sorry to have missed it. So, today, my Top 5 Tuesday is about Music. I found some very different literature.
Ahmad, Aeham "The Pianist from Syria" (aka The Pianist of Yarmouk) (GE: Und die Vögel werden singen. Ich, der Pianist aus den Trümmern) - 2017

Dylan, Bob "Chronicles. Volume One" - 2004

Leroux, Gaston "The Phantom of the Opera" (F: Le Fantôme de l'Opéra) - 1910

Mercier, Pascal "Lea" (GE: Lea) - 2007

Tibballs, Geoff "The Good, the Bad and the Wurst. The 100 Craziest Moments from the European Song Contest" - 2016

* * *
🎼 Happy Reading! 🎼
📚 📚 📚

6 comments:

  1. I highly recommend this one, which is nonfiction:
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28092838-absolutely-on-music
    Too bad I never wrote a real review

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pianist From Syria looks like one I would really like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful real story about people who carry on supporting each other despite all the hardships they are thrown.

      Delete
  3. One of my all-time favorite books is the Beastie Boys Anthology. It had all the grittiness of what it felt like growing up in NYC in the 70s and 80s, and how they mellowed as they matured and I was sobbing by the end, when they were writing about their very last show before Yauch passed away. It was such a gut-punch but is one of the best books I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I only know that there is a group called Beastie Boys. I wouldn't even know what kind of music they made but I just googled them. I couldn't find a single title that I have heard of. It was not my time, I guess. I have no idea how popular they were here in Europe but I never was much into Hip-Hop.
      Still, it certainly would be an appropriate book for this topic. Thanks, Sarah.

      Delete