Friday 2 August 2024

Spell the Month in Books ~ August

I found this on one of the blogs I follow, Books are the New Black who found it at One Book More. It was originally created by Reviews from the Stacks, and the idea is to spell the month using the first letter of book titles

August: Water

Such a tough one. I had to cheat with some of them, as you will see. First ; had to go with books that have water on the cover. And then I had to get a German title in. Two Us with water seemed impossible. If you have a suggestion from the books I read, let me know. 😉

AUGUST
A
Taylor, Andrew "The Ashes of London" - 2016

U
More, Thomas "Utopia" - 1516

G
Ghosh, Amitav "The Glass Palace" - 2000 

U
Gulbranssen, Trygve "Beyond Sing the Woods" (NO: Og bakom synger skogene) - Und ewig singen die Wälder - 1933

S
Grenville, Kate "The Secret River" - 2005

T

Ackroyd, Peter "Thames. Sacred River" - 2007

* * *
Happy Reading!

📚 📚 📚

6 comments:

  1. U is a tough letter! But you found some great covers and titles for this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. That's because I cheat and use foreign titles, as well. LOL

      Delete
  2. Another month, another set of books. Water is always important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Lisbeth. So true. I thought it was tough to find all the letters but I had a lot of fun with it. I think you might be one of the only one of the readers of my blog who knows Gulbranssen.

      Delete
  3. Still, you did well. Funny how some themes work better than others for each of us. This one was very easy for me, and without resorting to French, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will resort more to foreign titles in the future, thanks to you, Emma. Should make life a little easier. LOL

      Delete