Wednesday 14 August 2024

Top 5 Tuesday ~ Family

     

Top Five Tuesday was originally created by Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm, but is now hosted by Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads. To participate, link your post back to Meeghan’s blog or leave a comment on her weekly post. I found this on Davida's Page @ The Chocolate Lady.

* * *
This week’s topic is Family. Meeghan says: "Books with themes of family dynamics, whether it be supportive or otherwise, are always fascinating. What are your fave books with all of the family drama?

I wouldn't say they are my absolute favourites but I read all of them recently and that way, I don't repeat myself all the time.

Hamsun, Knut "Growth of the Soil" (NO: Markens Grøde) - 1917

Handke, Peter "Storm Still" (GE:  Immer noch Sturm) - 2010

Ulitzkaya, Lyudmila
"Medea and Her Children" (Медея и её дети/ Medeja i eë deti) - 1996

Verghese, Abraham "
The Covenant of Water" - 2023

Wells, Benedict "
The End of Loneliness(GE: Vom Ende der Einsamkeit) - 2016

* * *
👨‍👩‍👦‍👦 Happy Reading! 👨‍👩‍👦‍👦
📚 📚 📚

2 comments:

  1. Love the variety! And once again I haven't read any of them. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. I wanted to present some that I read recently and I'm not surprised if you are not the only one who hasn't read them. The Covenant of Water is pretty new and all the others are translations from other languages.

      Delete