Tuesday 6 August 2024

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Favourite Books from Ten Series

    

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". It was created because they are particularly fond of lists. It is now hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl.

Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

This week's topic is: 
Ten Favourite Books from Ten Series (We all have a favorite book in our favorite series, right?)

I'm not a big series reader but I managed to find enough of them.

Allende, Isabel "The House of the Spirits" (E: La casa de los espíritus) (The House of the Spirits #1) - 1982

Buck, Pearl S. "The Good Earth" - 1931

Follett, Ken "The Pillars of the Earth" (Kingsbridge #1) - 1989

Ghosh, Amitav "Sea of Poppies" (Ibis Trilogy #1) - 2008

Mantel, Hilary "Wolf Hall(The Wolf Hall Trilogy #1) - 2009

Ruiz Zafón, Carlos "The Shadow of the Wind" (E: La sombra del viento - El cementerio de los libros olvidados #1) - 2001

Scott, Mary "Breakfast at Six" - 1953

Sendker, Jan-Philipp "Whispering Shadows(The Rising Dragon #1) (GE: Das Flüstern der Schatten) - 2007

Stroyar, J.N. "The Children's War" - 2001

Turner, Nancy E. "These is my Words" - Sarah Agnes Prine Trilogie #1 - 1999 - ILK

I have usually chosen the first one of the series. If I didn't like the next ones, I would not have carried on, so you can depend on it that I liked them all.

📚 Happy Reading! 📚

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So true, Lydia. I love Pearl S. Buch but this is one of her best. Thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  2. I love Ken Follett.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Regine. I haven't read any of his crime stories since I'm not into that genre but his other books are absolutely fantastic.

      Delete
  3. One of these days I plan to read the next books in The Good Earth series. I love that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're out of print, Deb, but I managed to get some used copies. In any case. Enjoy.

      Delete
  4. I definitely need to check out Folett. That book sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great series, Stephen. They even made mini-series from each of them, well, at least the first two. Brilliant stories. My husband read them first and said I definitely have to read them.

      Delete
  5. I still need to read the rest of the Cemetery of Forgotten Books series but the first is one of my all time favourites 😍 I also still need to finish Follett's series but his Century trilogy is one of my favourites (and I totally forgot about it for this post, oops!). Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised, Dini, there are so many series. Still, if The Shadow of the Wind is one of your all time favourites, you absolutely must read the others in the series, they are all just as fantastic. And I also loved the Century trilogy, though I prefer the Kingsbridge series, but they are both fantastic.

      Delete
  6. I love The Shadow of the Wind...definitely my favorite of his books, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first book by him, Lark, and will always stay my favourite. But I have read all his other books and love them just as much.

      Delete
  7. This week I focused on the first book of series I enjoyed.
    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/first-books-in-ten-favorite-series/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did I, Pam, I usually try that but here I wanted to showcase those that I absolutely loved.

      Delete
  8. I love series, but I also love stand alone novels ;) Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Cindy. I read more standalone novels but when a book is good and the author has ideas for more about the same subject, I love that, as well.

      Delete
  9. I've been meaning to read the Wolf Hall books ever since the first one came out, but I haven't managed to do it yet. One of these days!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, Susan. Too many books, too little time!

      Delete
  10. Have you read all these series? I have read Pillars of the Earth (and loved it) but not the following books. Shadow of the Wind and its followers, one of the greatest series I think. Hilary Mantel, but still have to read the last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have, Lisbeth. With the exception of The Kingsbridge Series (4 so far, waiting for the next one), The Cemetery of Forgotten Books (tetralogy) and the Mary Scott series, they were all just trilogies anyway, so it's not as bad as it looks. LOL
      They are all excellent books.

      Delete
  11. I love a good series! You have a fabulous list! ~Carol @ ReadingLadies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. There are so many fabulous books out there.

      Delete