Wednesday 6 July 2022

Mid Year Book Freakout Tag 2022

 I just found this Meme on Read with Stefani's page. What a great idea. Here is the original tag.

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2022
Lawson, Mary "A Town Called Solace" - 2021

2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2022
I haven't read any sequel this year. At least not until now.

3. New release you haven't read yet but want to
Whitehead, Colson "Harlem Shuffle" - 2021 (Goodreads)

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year
I am waiting for a few new editions to appear in paperback, unfortunately, none of them will be released in the second half of this year. Here are the ones where I have the highest hopes:
Falcones, Ildefonso "Painter of Souls" (El pintor de almas) (Goodreads)
Pamuk, Orhan "Nights of Plague" (Goodreads) or "Die Nächte der Pest" (Goodreads) (TR: Veba Geceleri)
Zeh, Juli "Über Menschen" ["About People", sequel to "Unterleuten"]

5. Biggest disappointment
Abe, Kōbō (安部 公房) "Inter Ice Age 4" (J: 第四間氷期/Dai yon kan pyouki) - 1959

6. Biggest surprise
Boschwitz, Ulrich Alexander "The Passenger" aka "The Fugitive" (GE: Der Reisende) - 1939

7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
Leky, Mariana "What You Can See From Here" (GE: Was man von hier aus sehen kann) - 2017

8. Newest fictional crush
Not my thing.

9. Newest favourite character
Mukesh from
Adams, Sara Nisha "The Reading List" - 2021

10. Book that made you cry
I don't really cry over books as I explained last year. Growing up among boys, I learned not to cry too easily. But if I did, it would probably be over
Alvarez, Julia "In the Time of the Butterflies" - 1994

11. Book that made you happy
I don't really read "happy" books. This one probably comes closest:
Leky, Mariana "What You Can See From Here" (GE: Was man von hier aus sehen kann) - 2017

12. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
I haven't bought any "beautiful books" this year, yet, but received this one for Christmas, does that count?
Obama, Barack; Springsteen, Bruce "Renegades: Born in the USA" - 2021 (Goodreads)

13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
There are quite a few on my various challenge lists.

Ackroyd, Peter "Dominion: The History of England from the Battle of Waterloo to Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. Volume V" - 2018 (Goodreads)
Fallada, Hans "Every Man Dies Alone" (Jeder stirbt für sich allein) - 1947 
Hawes, James "The Shortest History of Germany - A Retelling for Our Times" - 2017 (Goodreads)
Kazantzakis, Nikos "The Last Temptation of Christ" (Ο τελευταίος πειρασμός/O telefteos pirasmos) - 1951
Keller, Gottfried "Romeo und Julia auf dem Dorfe" [Romeo and Juliet in the Village] - 1855/56
Körner, Torsten "In der Männer-Republik. Wie Frauen die Politik eroberten" (GE) [In the men's republic: how women conquered politcs] - 2020 (Goodreads)
Mandelstam, Ossip "The Din of Time" (Шум времени/Shum vremeni) - 1925
Némirovsky, Irène "La Proie" [The Prey] - 1938
Pamuk, Orhan
"Manzaradan Parçalar: Hayat, Sokaklar, Edebiyat" (TR) [Pieces from the View: Life, Streets, Literature] (German translation: Der Blick aus meinem Fenster) - 2008 (Goodreads)
Sadat, Jehan (جيهان السادات Dschihan as-Sadat) "A Woman of Egypt" - 1987 (Goodreads)
Wickert, Ulrich "Frankreich muss man lieben, um es zu verstehen" (GE) [You have to love France to understand it] - 2017
Wood, Levison "Eastern Horizons. Hitchhiking the Silk Road" - 2017

You can also find this list on my "Summer To-Read List 2022".

14. Favourite Book Community Member

I mentioned last year that this is just as impossible as to say which is your favourite child or which is your all-time favourite author or book. There are so many wonderful people in the blogging community.

Books read so far: 32

* * *

I'm not going to tag anyone but I'm sure a few of you will want to do this. So, feel free to follow that idea but, please, let me know. And Stefani, I'm sure she'll like to know how many are picking up that idea.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for providing me with an idea for a Saturday post on my Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Kitten, my pleasure. I was contemplating to do this on Saturday but then I thought, naw, I'm finished, I might as well do it today. And we have crossed the mid year line, so ...

      Still, looking forward to your list.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You're welcome, Emma. I found this last year and absolutely love it. A great way to reminisce. Same as the one you shared. I will do that next week.

      Delete
  3. Great meme, will have a look at the website. As usual interesting books that you choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it when I saw it last year and it is a great way to look back at the last six months. Thanks, Lisbeth.

      Delete
  4. I'm interested in reading Harlem Shuffle as well! It sounds like a great read and I do enjoy Whitehead's writing too. I bought my dad a copy of Renegades for his birthday earlier this year and he really enjoyed it :) It looks like a cool book! I hope you have a great second-half of the year, Marianne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dini. I have loved both Colin Whitehead's first novels and surely will read his next ones.
      Renegades is a beautfiul book of some beautiful minds who put their thoughts together. I can only highly recommend it to anyone. I'm sure your dad was delighted. I received it from my son, btw.

      Delete