Friday 17 July 2020

Book Quotes of the Week


"One always tends to overpraise a long book because one has got through it." E. M. Forster 

I don't really agree with that, at least not in my case. I love long books because it takes me longer to get through it, so I can spend a longer time with the characters or in that country or wherever the book has taken me.

"It's a good idea to have your own books with you in a strange place." Cornelia Funke, Inkheart 

That is true. You can tolerate everything better with a good book in your hand.

"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." Martin Luther King, Jr.
That is the best. Mr. King knew a thing or two about this world.

"Books are better than the movie. There is so much going on in the minds of the characters that movies can't show. To really understand the movie characters you love, read the book." Linda
My sentiments exactly. No moviemaker can really understand my thoughts. And those of millions of other people. 


"Do books belong to me or do I belong to books? That is the question. N.N.
A very good question! Do we really need an answer, though?

Find more book quotes here.


[If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

6 comments:

  1. I love your book quotes, especially the first one. It’s not true for me, though. I get bored with long books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you're the only one there. I usually get strange looks when I profess my love for big books.

      But the nice thing about book quotes is, you get to talk about books with anyone. You can reflect on your thoughts about a certain subject. I just love them and am always happy to share. And welcome comments even more.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Hm, maybe I do belong to books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thought. But I don't care, as long as books are there for me. ;)

      Delete
  3. Love quotes about books. I am not sure long books are better than shorter books, but when you really love a book, you enjoy that it tends to linger on a little bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my thoughts. Of course, if you don't like it, that's not so good if it's long. But you can always abandon it then.

      And I don't take this as a fight between short-book-lovers and long-book-lovers. I always say, as long as someone enjoys reading, it doesn't matter how and what and where they read, right?

      Thanks for your visit. So lovely to have met you.

      Delete