Friday 2 July 2021

Book Quotes of the Week

"Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow
Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead
Walk beside me… just be my friend" Albert Camus

Those are the best kind of friends.

"So Matilda’s strong mind continued to grow, nurtured by the voices of all those authors who had sent their books out in the world like ships on the sea. These books gave Matilda a hopeful and comforting message: You are not alone." Roald Dahl, Matilda

I love how much books can do for us. They can teach us, they can be our comforting friends, they can make us laugh, they can make us cry.

"Stories are wild creatures, the monster said. When you let them loose, who knows what havoc they might wreak?" Patrick Ness, A Monster Calls

Oh, they can wreak a lot of havoc, usually the right kind.

Find more book quotes here.

1 comment:

  1. The quote from Matilda is so wonderful. My daughter and I love the book and the movie so much.

    ReplyDelete