Friday 25 February 2022

Book Quotes of the Week

  

"Reading is going somewhere without ever taking a train or ship, an unveiling of new incredible worlds. It’s living a life you weren’t born into and a chance to see something coloured by someone else’s perspective. It’s learning without having to face consequences of failures, and how best to succeed." Madeline Martin, The Last Bookshop in London

That sums it up, I think. The best part of reading is that you can explore the world without its dangers or costs.

"Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness." R.J. Palacio,
Wonder

Those are the best qualities anyone can think of. If only that were the only ones that define us as human beings.

"I'm outdoorsy in that I like reading on the beach." N.N. *

Totally. Wherever I am, I prefer to be there with a book.

Find more book quotes here.

* [If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

2 comments:

  1. I love both the quote from The Last Bookshop in London...and that book! It's a good read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Lark. So well said. And I would love to read that book.

      Delete