Tuesday 8 February 2022

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Books with the Word "Heart" in the Title

            

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish". It is now hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl.

Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

This week, our topic is Love Freebie (come up with our own topic having to do with love)

This was a tough one. I did Books with "Love" in the Title last year. It was a freebie where we were encouraged to do books with a heart on the cover and since I don't read romances, I had a hard time with that topic. I thought, maybe I could find more this year. Nope, I only had three.

In the end, I found nine titles with the word "heart in there somewhere but four of them were translations that had the word heart in the ogirinal.

So, here we go.


Conrad, Joseph "Heart of Darkness" - 1902 
Ephron, Nora "Heartburn" - 1983
Letts, Billie "Where the Heart is" - 1995
McCullers, Carson "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" - 1940
Walker, Alice "The Way Forward is with a Broken Heart" - 2000
Dorrestein, Renate "A Heart of Stone" (NL: Een hart van steen) - 1998
Funke, Cornelia "Inkheart" (GE: Tintenherz) - 2003   
Hauff, Wilhelm "The Heart of Stone" aka The Cold Heart or the Marble Heart (GE: Das kalte Herz) - 1837
Sendker, Jan-Philipp "The Art of Hearing Heartbeats" (Burma Trilogy # 1) (GE: Das Herzenhören) - 2002

I hope there is enough love in those books to countr for this week's topic.

📚 Happy Reading! 📚

20 comments:

  1. I thought of Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee and 100 Poems to Break Your Heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both sound good, Deb. But would you believe, I haven't read "Bury my heart ..." Will have to try and do that. Thanks for the reminder.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love the title for "The Art of Hearing Heartbeats"! Inkheart is a title that I want to check out at some point too. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you would like both those books, Dini. Jan-Philipp Sendker is a German journalist but has been to Asia lots of times and writes great contemporary books, mainly about China but also of some other Asian countries.

      Inkheart is just fantastic. I don't read much fantasy but even I loved it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen. I'm not Lark but since we seem to like the same stuff, I'm honoured.

      Delete
  4. Nice! You have 2 in common with my list for last year: https://wordsandpeace.com/2021/02/09/top-ten-books-with-the-word-heart-in-the-title/
    I did that, and with the word love in the tile, so I was stuck and didn't do anything this year!
    I tried with a heart on the cover, but it was taking me too much time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Emma. It's easier to find the words than pictures but I really couldn't find any. Thanks for your link from last year, I'll check which books we have in common.

      Delete
  5. Aw, Where the Heart is. I loved that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deanna. It was one of the first books I read with my international book club and it was a really good story.

      Delete
  6. I'm not much of a romance reader either. I did love WHERE THE HEART IS and INKHEART when I read them. I never did finish the Inkheart series, though. Not sure why.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I'm not surprised you liked those two books, looks like you are in good company ^^.

      I never read the other "Ink" books, either. I'm not much of a fantasy reader and this was one my boys had on their shelves. I think I would like to read the others but ... too many books, too little time.

      Delete
  7. I'm yet to finish Inkheart. Happy reading. My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/10-books-i-recently-added-to-my-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like it, Stefani. It is a good book.

      Delete
  8. A great topic of this time of the year! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's what Jana also thought, Cindy. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  9. I just read The Color Purple (finally!) and so I'm interested in reading more Alice Walker. I had not heard of that title (I just wrote "heart of" by mistake, now I have hearts on the brain!) Anyway, fun take on the topic and there's lots to explore here. The Heart of a Woman by Maya Angelou is another I can recommend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Lory, I know that trouble, happens to me all the time. And yes, she is a good author. This is a biography. Another great novel is "The Temple of my Familiar". I'm sure you'll enjoy them all.

      Delete
  10. Great list. I have The Heart is a Lonely Hunter on my list. I am so fascinated with the title. Have to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was what attracted me to the book, as well, Lisbeth. And it didn't disappoint. Enjoy.

      Delete