Thursday 1 September 2022

Happy September!

 Happy September to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Hanka Koebsch


"Zeit für ein Schläfchen"
"Time for a Nap"


This hedgehog seems to be celebrating autumn already. I wish it would arrive soon. August was far too hot for my liking. I believe this must have been the hottest month I ever experienced. And I doubt the next summers are going to get any better. Greetings from climate change. I cannot understand how some people still think it's a hoax.
But yes, this picture makes me smile and that's worth a lot. Thank you, Hanka.

* * *

My German word for the month is

Reißverschlussverfahren

Another compound word from the words Reißverschluss (Zipper) and Verfahren (Method/Proceeding). And I guess you can imagine what we mean by that. Yes, the merging of cars, e.g. on a motorway, where two streets become one. Cars alternate at the end to avoid long queues. It's a good idea, isn't it? Would be nice if every car would adhere to it.

* * *

The best part of the month was our visit to Brussels and the flower carpet. And, of course, our son!!!
Google made me a nice collage from different years (the bottom one is 2022), so you can see what it is all about.

I made another one about our visit for Wordless Wednesday.
If you are interested in seeing more, find some information here. The next one is planned for 2024.

* * *

I don't want to repeat myself re. Ukraine but I'm afraid, it's still not over. But with everything going on everywhere, I just wish you all:

☮️ Peace to the World. 🌍

* * *

Have a happy September with this beautiful watercolour painting by Hanka Koebsch.



You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about them.

4 comments:

  1. Those flower carpets are amazing! And I love the hedgehog, too. Happy September! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful again every time, Lark. I hope we will be able to go again in 2024.

      Delete
  2. OMG, this hedgehog is so very cute. Happy September to you too!
    Obviously you have read L'Élégance du hérisson, so good.
    The movie is so beautiful too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is totally cute, Emma. Hanka and Frank draw the most beautiful animals.
      I haven't even heard of the movie "L’Elégance du hérisson", must explore. The book was good, though.

      Delete