Friday 14 October 2022

Book Quotes of the Week

"It's not that I don't like people. It's just that when I'm in the company of others - even my nearest and dearest - there always comes a moment when I'd rather be reading a book." Maureen Corrigan, Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading: Finding and Losing Myself in Book

Doesn't every reader have those moments?


"If you read the fine print, you will find that life is subject to change without notice." Nora McInerny,
No Happy Endings

Unfortunately. And we cannot ask for a rewind or a refund.


"Buying me books is a good way to win over my heart. Reading them, and discussing them with me, you might as well propose." N.N.


So true. I found my best friends through discussing books with them.


Find more book quotes here.

3 comments:

  1. 3 excellent quotes. I definitely relate to the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to that Corrigan quote. I love my family and friends, but I really need my reading time, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kitten and Lark. I have those moments. I really, really love company but it can get too much at times and I always love reading.

    ReplyDelete