Friday 6 August 2021

Book Quotes of the Week

 
Word cloud made with WordItOut

"Fame often makes a writer vain, but seldom makes him proud." W.H. Auden

That's a pity. I think there are things you can be proud of if you have worked hard for it but someone vain ... not my type.

"I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

That's all we need for happiness.

"One does not stop buying books just because there is no more shelf space." N.N.

Exactly. Why would one? LOL

Find more book quotes here.  

* [If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

2 comments:

  1. That quote about books and shelf space is SO true! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see we understand each other, Lark. I had to laugh when I found this, it's so ME!

      Have a nice weekend.

      Delete