Friday 13 August 2021

Book Quotes of the Week

 
Word cloud made with WordItOut

"We are rare and we are weird…there is nothing you can do to change us… Really, don't try. We are so happy, in our own way… Be glad of all the benefits it will bring, rather than lamenting all the fresh air avoided, the friendships not made, the exercise not taken, the body of rewarding and potentially lucrative activities, hobbies, and skills not developed. Leave us be. We're fine. More than fine. Reading's our thing." Lucy Mangan, Bookworm: A Memoir of Childhood Reading

That's a great description of us bookworms. And a warning to those who don't understand us.

"He’s read books, you know, it’s amazing. He’s drunk and wenched his way through London but he's thinking all the time." Peter O’Toole as King Henry II in Becket

Just shows that no matter what else you do, reading is always a benefit.

"When in doubt, go to the library." J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Always a great idea!

Find more book quotes here.  

4 comments:

  1. Love that first quote. We are rare and we are weird...reading's out thing. So great! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, yes indeed, Lark. Mind you, we are not that rare, I meet a lot of avid readers daily on my blog. I bet you do, too.

      Happy Reading!

      Delete
  2. I love the Mangan quote since I've always been a bookish weirdo :) It makes me sad that 3 of my 4 kids really don't like to read. Boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're a weirdo, Susan, I'm a weirdo. Maybe that's why we don't understand each other so well.

      My kids were avid readers until they started university. They both did very intense-reading studies and after that, they were not too keen anymore. But I'm sure that will come back one day. At the latest when they raise kids themselves.

      Delete