Friday 27 August 2021

Book Quotes of the Week

   
Word cloud made with WordItOut

"Dear and most respected bookcase! I welcome your existence, which has for over one hundred years been devoted to the radiant ideals of goodness and justice." Anton Chekhov

I respect my bookcase(s) but I really, really, really love it, as well.

"Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions." Aleron Kong, I The Land: Raiders

I've known this as: Diplomacy is the art of stepping onto someone's foot so that he notices but doesn't scream.

"We are the first generation to feel the effect of climate change and the last generation who can do something about it." Barack Obama

He is so right. As always. Why are there still people around who don't want to believe this?

Find more book quotes here

4 comments:

  1. I'd love my bookcase more if it was just a little bit bigger! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, Lark, though I have plenty of space on my bookshelves but they are all filled. We never have enough. Even Beauty will probably say to the Beast one day, why don't we have more shelves? LOL

      Delete
  2. The willful denial of climate change is because those who don't "believe" in it know damn well it is happening, but their donors are lobbyists from the sectors creating the pollution that is going to kill us off - and a lot sooner than many realize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Sarah. How can one not "believe" in science. It's got nothing to do with believing or not, it's there. And haunts us.

      Delete