Friday 17 December 2021

Book Quotes of the Week

       
Word cloud made with WordItOut

"Libraries can in general be too narrow or too wide for the soul." Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

So true. It depends on what they offer and what you are looking for.

"This above all: To thine own self be true …" William Shakespeare, Hamlet

Always the best.


"People who hate to read scare me. Good books have kept me alive." N.N. *


There is so much truth in this quote. Look at all the nay-sayers, the people who don't "believe" in Corona, who spread fake news and claim the right ones are wrong ...

Find more book quotes here.

* [If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

10 comments:

  1. People who hate to read scare me a little, too. Mostly because I just can't relate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Lark. I always try to understand someone else's point of view and I understand that not everyone prefers the same books as I do, so that's fine, there is always a lot to talk about even if you haven't read a certain book or genre. But not reading at all? I just don't get it.

      Delete
  2. I think people who "hate to read" unfortunately just haven't found the right book yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Lectrice. The question poses itself, how many have they tried? I think most of those people just were not introduced into the pleasure of reading at an early age. What a shame.

      Delete
  3. I don't understand when people say they don't like to read. Like...did you give up after one book? There are more out there, go try a different one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Sarah, same as your pre-writers have said (and my answers to it). There are so many books out there, there must be a couple of right ones for everyone.

      Delete
  4. I'm with Lark. I just don't understand people who don't read. It's always been a huge part of my life, so yeah, I don't relate at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Susan. I don't think any of us bloggers would understand. We can't breathe without a book in our hands. ;)

      Delete
  5. My husband isn't much of a reader. He does read, but not the way we do, which is every day! I agree with Lectrice, many who say they don't like to read never found the right book, and usually that begins when young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know most people don't read as much as we do. But that doesn't mean they have to hate reading. There is definitely something wrong with them. And yes, it starts young, I'm sure of that. Although, I think you can find love for books later, if you want to.

      Delete