Thursday 23 December 2021

#ThrowbackThursday. A Christmas Carol

 

Dickens, Charles "A Christmas Carol" - 1843

Usually, I go backwards through my blog to show one of my favourite reads but this time, I jump a little forward. I just re-read this classic and think it is a great story for this time of the year.

Because - it's Christmas and what story could be more Christmas-sy than Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" which teaches us to be good to each other, to think about others and not just ourselves, to become better people.

๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

So, as Tiny Tim says: "God bless us, every one!"

Read more on my original post here

6 comments:

  1. This is definitely the first story I think of when Christmas rolls around each year. Such a classic. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, Lark. Next to "It's a Wonderful Life" probably THE story to bring us the Christmas message. I love Dickens and this is one of my favourites.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And mine, too, Sarah. As I said to Lark, it portrays the Christmas story so well.

      Delete
  3. To be honest, I haven't read the book but I have seen many theatre and film adaptations.

    "God bless us, everyone!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So have I, Lectrice. But, as always, the book is better. LOL

      Still, you can't go wrong with this story at Christmas, no matter how.

      Delete