Tuesday 7 May 2024

Top Ten Tuesday ~ May Flowers

       

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". It was created because they are particularly fond of lists. It is now hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl.

Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

May is the month of flowers, so I was not surprised about this week's topic.

May Flowers - Pick your own title for this one to reflect the direction you choose to go with this prompt (books with flowers on the cover, flower names in the title, characters whose names are flower names, stories involving flowers/gardeners).

I have done challenges with tulips quite often, so this time I thought, I'll choose some books that are not about flowers but have a picture of them on the cover. And I chose five different kind of flowers. It was fun.

Barbery, Muriel "The Elegance of the Hedgehog" (F: L’Elégance du hérisson) - 2006
Morrison, Toni "Beloved" - 1987
Shakespeare, William "Romeo and Juliet" - 1597
Stroyar, J.N. "Becoming Them" (The Children's War #3) - 2017
Urquhart, Jane "The Underpainter" - 1997 (not my favourite by this author)

📚 Happy Reading! 📚

P.S. I only noticed afterwards, that I only did five books. Must have mixed it up with Top 5 Tuesday. Sorry.

20 comments:

  1. Interesting choice for the R&J cover. A flower by any other name....I did photos as well as books. :) https://readingfreely.com/2024/05/07/may-flowers/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephen. Yes, Shakespeare loves know right away why that cover was chosen.

      Delete
  2. Beloved was such a good story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Lydia. My favourite by Toni MOrrison, though I do love all her others, as well.

      Delete
  3. Great picks! I love that cover for The Underpainter and I've not seen these covers for Beloved or Romeo & Juliet before but they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many covers for many books, Dini, I'm always amazed at how different they all are.

      Delete
  4. The cover for The Underpainter is so pretty!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Aymee. That's why I had to include it. Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful flower images on you book covers. I chose ten books I've read with a flower name in the title for this weeks TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's also a lovely idea, Lisa. I'll have a look.

      Delete
  6. A wonderful collection of covers.
    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/may-flowers-book-covers-with-flowers/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some very beautiful covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. Many, many books have flowers on their covers, so there were a lot ot choose from.

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed looking for "flower" books this week, too. It's a fun nod to Spring!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Susan. I'm looking forward to your post.

      Delete
  9. I love that so many books are not about flowers yet have flowers on the cover. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/top-10-books-with-flowers-on-the-cover/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stefani. I think flowers stand for so many different occasions, they are always a good choice. See you on your page.

      Delete
  10. These are so beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete