Friday 17 June 2022

Book Quotes of the Week

 

"A word after a word after a word is power." Margaret Atwood

She certainly knows what she's talking about.

"We are all stardust and stories." Erin Morgenstern,
The Starless Sea

Nice thought.

"Being surrounded by books was the closest she’d ever gotten to feeling like the member of a gang. The books had her back, and the nonfiction, at least, was ready to fight if necessary." Abbi Waxman,
The Bookish Life of Nina Hill

Books can be the best of friends.

Find more book quotes here

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I like the Morgenstern quote. VERY true! The Waxman quote made me laugh too...

    BTW, If you haven't seen it already I posted my review of the Mary Anning book I mentioned a while back. Link is here:

    https://cyberkittenspot.blogspot.com/2022/06/just-finished-reading-jurassic-mary.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great that you like them. And yes, it is funny. But if you're going through hard times, books are often the only friends you have.

      I haven't checked the "reading list", yet, so I didn't see it but will go to your blog right away. Thanks. I am curious what you have to say. The only book I read on that topic is Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier.

      Delete
  2. That Abbi Waxman quote totally made me laugh! I love the idea of the books having her back. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. I actually believe that is totally true. In times of trouble when I thought the whole world had left me and nobody understood, books have always helped me through.

      Delete
  3. Beauitiful non-fiction, always ready for a fight <#

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great for fighting, Sarah. And learning.

      Delete