Friday 5 August 2022

Book Quotes of the Week

  

"I like books. They’re quiet, dignified and absolute. A man might falter but his words, once written, will hold." Luke Arnold, The Last Smile in Sunder City

Good point. And books don't argue with you, they just give you the opportunity to think for yourself.

"Because paper has more patience than people."
Anne Frank

Another good point. Paper's patience is endless.

"I have this weird obsession about buying books and looking at them with a smile, even if I won't read them soon. At least they are mine now." Anaïs Nin

Who wouldn't agree more than an avid reader?

Find more book quotes here.  

6 comments:

  1. I believe the last quote is from Anais Nin. At least according to the Internet [grin].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kitten. I tried googling it but couldn't find it.
      And I also thought later, that you probably meant last week you didn't know who said it, not who or what was N.N. Sorry. Total blur there.

      Delete
    2. I Googled the first quote and came up blank - and assumed you had too! The 2nd quote came up on 'Bing' and after a few rabbit holes produced a name.

      Delete
    3. I usually google them when I first find them, didn't come up with anything. I didn't try again this time when I published it, though. Still, nice of you to find it. Thanks, Kitten.

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way about books I buy as Nin: "Mine!" Which is probably why I don't loan them out except to my mom or my sisters. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't we all, Lark? I must admit, I do lend my books but I make sure to note whom I give them to and remind them after a while that they still have my book. I've only once not gotten it back because the person insisted she had passed it on to another member of the group - who claimed she never received it.

      Delete