Tuesday 23 August 2022

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Completed Series

  

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish". It is now hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl.

Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

This week, our topic is Completed Series I Wish Had More Books

I think any series that I read until the end would fall under that category, so this was an easy task this week. The ones I do read usually are more trilogies than "series" but I still put them in here. These are my absolute favourites.

Allende, Isabel The House of the Spirits
- "The House of the Spirits" (E: La casa de los espíritus) (The House of the Spirits #1) - 1982

- "Daughter of Fortune" (E: Hija de la fortuna) (The House of the Spirits #2) - 1999
- "Portrait in Sepia" (E: Retrato en sepia) (The House of the Spirits #3) - 2000

Follett, Ken Kingsbridge
- "The Evening and the Morning" (Kingsbridge #0.5) - 2020
- "The Pillars of the Earth" (Kingsbridge #1) - 1989

- "World Without End" (Kingsbridge #2) - 2007
-
"A Column of Fire"
(Kingsbridge #3) - 2017

Follett, Ken Century Trilogy
- "Fall of Giants" (Century Trilogy #1) - 2010

- "Winter of the World" (Century Trilogy #2) - 2012
- "Edge of Eternity"
(Century Trilogy #3) - 2014

Ghosh, Amitav Ibis Trilogy
- "Sea of Poppies" (Ibis Trilogy #1) - 2008

- "River of Smoke" (Ibis Trilogy #2) - 2011
- "Flood of Fire
" (Ibis Trilogy #3) - 2015 

Mahfouz, Naguib Cairo Trilogy
- "Palace Walk" (arab. بين القصرين/Bayn al-qasrayn)
(Cairo Trilogy #1) - 1956
- "Palace of Desire" (arab: قصر الشوق/Qasr el-Shōq)
(Cairo Trilogy #2) - 1957 
- "Sugar Street" (السكرية/Al-Sukkariyya) (Cairo Trilogy #3) - 1957

Ruiz Zafón, Carlos The Cemetary of Forgotten Books
- "
The Shadow of the Wind" (E: La sombra del viento - El cementerio de los libros olvidados #1) - 2001
-
"The Angel's Game" (E: El juego del ángel
- El cementerio de los libros olvidados #2) - 2008
- "The Prisoner of Heaven" (E: El prisionero del cielo - El cementerio de los libros olvidados #3) - 2011
- "The Labyrinth of the Spirits" (E: El laberinto de los espíritus - El cementerio de los libros olvidados #4) - 2016


Sendker, Jan-Philipp The Rising Dragon
- "Whispering Shadows" (The Rising Dragon #1) (GE: Das Flüstern der Schatten) - 2007
- "The Language of Solitude" (aka Dragon Games) (The Rising Dragon #2) - (GE: Drachenspiele) - 2009
- "The Far Side of the Night" (The Rising Dragon #3) (GE: Am anderen Ende der Nacht) - 2016

Stroyar, J.N. The Children's War
- "The Children's War" - 2001

- "A Change of Regime" (The Children's War #2) - 2004
-
"Becoming Them" (The Children's War #3) - 2017

Turner, Nancy E. These is my Words
- "These is my Words"
(Sarah Agnes Prine Trilogy #1) - 1999 *
- "Sarah's Quilt"
(Sarah Agnes Prine Trilogy #2) - 2006
- "The Star Garden" (Sarah Agnes Prine Trilogy #3) - 2017

Zweig, Stefanie Nowhere in Africa
- "Nowhere in Africa" (#1) und "
Somewhere in Germany"
(#2)- 1995+1996 - Book Club Questions
- Nowhere in Africa - Somewhere in Germany
(GE: Nirgendwo in Afrika + Irgendwo in Deutschland) - 1942
- "Home was Nowhere. My Life on Two Continents" (GE: Nirgendwo war Heimat. Mein Leben auf zwei Kontinenten) (#3) - 2012
This does, in a way, have more books, the author wrote about a fictional Jewish family from Frankfurt in her
Familie Sternberg series. The stories are based on her own family, same as the Africa books. Unfortunatley, they are not translated.

I guess some of you will have read a book or two from this list. If not, let me know what you like and I will tell you where you should start.

Have a good week, everyone.

📚 Happy Reading! 📚

20 comments:

  1. I'm presently trying to finish a handful of series - some of which I started almost 10 years ago! I am, slowly, completing each one. It'll take a while though! [grin]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how it is, Kitten. I try to read series not too far apart but sometimes that*s impossible because the authors don't carry on writing them.

      Delete
  2. The Kingsbridge series was so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely brilliant, Lydia. I'm glad you also enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. I want to read some Ken Follett. My mum has read some and enjoyed them.

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/23/top-ten-tuesday-completed-series-i-wish-had-more-books/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely second your mum's opinion. He is a great writer. I haven't read any of his crime novels because I don't really read that genre but I have heard they are just as great. Thanks, Emily.

      Delete
  4. It's nice that this was an easy task for you this week! Thanks for reading my Top Ten Tuesday list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course, Lectrice, always a pleasure.

      Delete
  5. I loved Ken Follett's Century Trilogy and was so sad when I got to the last book knowing that there wouldn't be more after this~! I love Shadow of the Wind but I still need to read the rest of the books in Zafon's series. I'm sad that there won't be more books from this author though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Dini, I was also sad but the century is over, so there he couldn't possibly carry on. Who knows, maybe he'll write more about this century.
      And Carlos Ruiz Zafón is one of my all-time favourite authors. Such a shame he had to leave us so early. But he gave us so much, we have to be thankful for that.

      Delete
  6. I found the same thing—I tend to finish shorter series way more than I do those that go on and on. Makes sense since trilogies and such are much faster to complete than really long series. I haven't read any of the ones on your list, although I've read the first two in the Turner series. I also really, REALLY need to give Follett's books a go.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really have to, Susan. If you read the other comments, you will see that many have read his books and/or intend to. I couldn't imagine anyone not liking them.

      I have read a few series but I find they get same-y and boring after a while whereas shorter "series" like trilogies have a lot more in them that is worth reading.

      Delete
  7. I've not read any of these, but I'm glad you enjoyed them so much that you want more!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/23/top-ten-tuesday-382/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo, I really would. And I'm sure you would enjoy some of them.

      Delete
  8. Great list and picks. It made me want to try and read Ken Follet. Here is my TTT: https://herseriallife.com/top-10-completed-series-i-wish-had-more-books/
    Have a good week ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rae. As I mentioned above, he is definitely worth picking up. Enjoy.

      Delete
  9. You did a great job of coming up with stuff! This one was too much of a struggle for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have those weeks where we simply can't get a list together, so no worries. I always enjoy your lists, Cindy, whether you go with the topic or not.

      Delete
  10. I'd love for there to be more books in Carlos Ruiz Zafon's series! Those books are so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful, Lark. Unfortunately, we all know there won't be any others. Such a shame.

      Delete