Tuesday 30 July 2024

Top 5 Tuesday ~ Time Travel

   

Top Five Tuesday was originally created by Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm, but is now hosted by Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads. To participate, link your post back to Meeghan’s blog or leave a comment on her weekly post. I found this on Davida's Page @ The Chocolate Lady.

* * *
This week’s topic is Time Travel. Meeghan says: "Ahh, the most outrageous travel of all - and the most unreal. Tell us about your fave books where the characters skip through time (or space). If you can’t think of any, a book that spans multiple eras will also do the trick."

I am neither a fan of fantasy nor science fiction. And that includes time travel. I have read a few over the years, though, so I can present you my favourites, well, sort of.

Fforde, Jasper "The Eyre Affair" - Der Fall Jane Eyre - 2001

Gabaldon, Diana "Outlander" (UK: Cross Stich) - Feuer und Stein, Teil 1 Highland Saga - 1991

Palma, Félix J.  "The Map of Time" (E: El mapa del tiempo) - 2008

Rosendorfer, Herbert "Letters Back to Ancient China" (GE: Briefe in die chinesische Vergangenheit) - 1983

Wells, H. G. "The Time Machine" - 1895


* * *
 Happy Reading! 
📚 📚 📚

12 comments:

  1. Aww...The Eyre Affair! I loved that book. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite interesting, Lark, especially since I love Jane Eyre.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Not exactly my cup of tea, Lisa. It was too "fantastic" for me.

      Delete
  3. I've always heard such good things about Jasper Fforde.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has written some good books, Sarah. I think you would love Shades of Grey.
      https://momobookblog.blogspot.com/2017/11/fforde-jasper-shades-of-grey-road-to.html

      Delete
  4. Outlander fascinates me, but the sexual violence was a bit much to continue. HG Well's original is unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I already said to Lisa, it was too "fantastic" to me, Stephen. I just don't believe in that kind of story, no time travel for me.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I do *love* a good Time Travel story... The only one from your list I've read though is the classic Wells novel, which is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I definitely recommend "The Map of Time" and you might want to read his other books on the subject as well, Kitten. Though the Rosendorfer book is also fantastic.

      Delete
  6. I also have a hard time with time travel, usually.
    One exception being Vintage 1954, by Antoine Laurain.
    I DNFed this one by Fforde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good, Emma. I will see whether I can get it. Thanks.

      Delete