Tuesday 2 July 2024

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Least Favourite Colours

  

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". It was created because they are particularly fond of lists. It is now hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl.

Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

This week's topic is: Books with My Favorite Colour on the Cover


But, I have done my favourite colour (green) so often, that I decided to do just the opposite.

I absolutely hate orange, it's totally awful in my opinion. And brown. Brown is not a colour, brown always looks dirty. So, here is a selection of books that have mainly those colours.


Adichie, Chimamanda Ngozi "We Should All Be Feminists" - 2014
Cleave, Chris "The Other Hand" (US: Little Bee) - 2008
Emcke, Carolin "Against Hate" (GE: Gegen den Hass) - 2016
Meri, Veijo "The Manila Rope" (FIN: Manillaköysi) - 1957
Weir, Andy "The Martian" - 2011
Dickens, Charles "The Old Curiosity Shop" - 1840
Falcones, Ildefonso "The Barefoot Queen" (E: La Reina Descalza) - 2013
Kidd, Sue Monk "The Invention of Wings" - 2014
Schami, Rafik "The Calligrapher’s Secret" (GE: Das Geheimnis des Kalligraphen) - 2008 
Shaw, Karl "Royal Babylon: The Alarming History of European Royalty" - 1999

This doesn't mean I dislike the books. Some of them are fantastic. "The Barefoot Queen" and "The Calligrapher's Secret" belong to my all time favourites.

If you still would like to see my Green books, here is a list:
Top 5 Tuesday ~ Green Books
Top Ten Tuesday ~ Green Books (this one also has books with the word green in the title or the author's name)
Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Ten Purple, Yellow, and/or Green Book Covers
Don't you think they look so much nicer? 😉

📚 Happy Reading! 📚

16 comments:

  1. I like the colour brown, but brown and orange together makes me think of the 1970s. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Lydia! That is probably one of the reasons why I don't like them. LOL

      Delete
  2. Oof yeah, orange is not my favourite. It's so jarring but I love when it's toned down and blended nicely with another colour (like yellow or a light pink) on covers 🤭 Great lists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dini. I can't really think of a nice colour combination with orange. Probably because I hate it so much.

      Delete
  3. Your collage looks pretty though, very Autumnal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. Yes, autumnal. Which is actually my favourite season but I think it has more to do with the weather than the colours. LOL

      Delete
  4. Love your choice this week!! I do like orange and brown, but it is wonderful to see people pick their least favorite color for book covers. I chose green this week because I think I may have done my favorite color in the past too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad there is someone who likes those colours, Lisa. You can probably wear them, I look awful in it.
      So, green is your least favourite? See, we complement each other. I'll have to have a look.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I like the color green a lot.... It's just not my favorite color. I wear forest green color and also teal (which I guess is blue green)... I also like pastel green and mint green too.

      Delete
    3. I misunderstood, I thought you had also chosen your least favourite. But when I saw your page, I realized you had only chosen it because you didn't have many green covers. My bad.
      And the greens you mentioned are all beautiful.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of these and haven't heard of most of these either.

    My TTT: https://laurieisreading.com/2024/07/02/top-ten-tuesday-mid-year-2024-reading-goals-check-in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are mostly great reads, Laurie. If you're interested, have a look at my links, you might find a book or two that you would like.
      Thanks for leaving your link, I'll come visit you.

      Delete
  6. A fantastic collection of covers even if you don't care of the colors!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/books-with-pink-covers-pick-a-color/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why some of these colours were chosen for the covers, Pam, they do go with the story. That still doesn't make me like the colours. LOL. Thanks for your link.

      Delete
  7. Green is my favorite color too. I also actually really like brown. I know everyone thinks it's boring, but I think it's rich and earthy and lovely. Orange, though? Ick. Definitely NOT a favorite.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice, Susan. I can't think of a more cheerful colour. And I can imagine that you like brown because you can wear it. I just look horrible in it. Same as orange.

      Delete